Finance and Awards Coordinator, USAID Bar ama Baro (Teach or Learn)
Save the Children , Mudug, Somalia
Finance and Awards Coordinator, USAID Bar ama Baro (Teach or Learn)- Somali-National only
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
ROLE PURPOSE: The Finance & Awards Coordinator will be responsible for the oversight of USAID Bar ama Baro (Teach or Learn) project finances and grants. The Finance and Awards Coordinator is responsible for overseeing activity operations, including but not limited to: Budget management and monitoring, donor compliance, subawards, financial controls, Financial accounting and auditing.
The Coordinator also develops the financial capacities of all relevant staff and sub-awardees under this project. This individual develops strong internal control measures, conducts internal reviews for the project, and coordinates internal and external financial audits for the award. S/he also prepares budgets for annual work plans and financial reports..
Dimensions: Save the Children has been working in Somalia for more than 60 years. The Country Office has over 500 staff across 14 field offices (Boroma, Burao and Hargeisa in Somaliland; Bosasso, Garowe, Galkayo and Gardo in Puntland; Beletweyne, Adaado, Abudwak, Baidoa, Kismayo, Dhobley and Mogadishu in Central South Somalia). Our Country Office coordination and administration base is in Nairobi, Kenya. In 2017, as a result of significant scale up for the countrywide drought response, our annual spend FY2017 was US$117 million and we reached more than 2 million people through our humanitarian and longer term development work in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Child Protection and Child Rights Governance. The Country Office manages 61 active awards totalling US$165 million from a range of governmental/institutional donors, including DFID, ECHO, EU, FFP, OFDA, and DANIDA being some of our largest
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Direct Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
Technically Reports to: Area Finance Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: 0
Internal: Finance and Awards Teams, Project Staff, Budget Holders, Support Staff, Internal Audit
External: Tax Offices, External Auditors, Regulatory Bodies, Bank, Insurance, Suppliers, Transporters, Partners etc.
Staff directly reporting to this post: Nil
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting and/or Professional qualifications (CPA or ACCA)
- At least 5 years of financial management, grants management, or similar experience in other donor-funded projects; previous work experience with USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID Contract Management and Grants Management policies and procedures
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Proven experience to help facilitate a smooth audit process and work efficiently with external auditors
- Strong computer skills, especially in computerised accounting packages such as AGRESSO and Excel
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure as part of a professional team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including cultural sensitivity, assertiveness and negotiating skills.
- Willingness to travel to field offices regularly
- Experience of working in a busy INGO environment
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
Application will be close on 3rd Dec 2020.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Source: : https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZG9sYWQuMjcwNDUuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkc...