Finance Manager - Overseas Branches
British Red Cross , London, United Kingdom
Finance Manager – Overseas Branches
Location: Moorfields, London
Contract type: Permanent
35 hours per week
Salary: £40,000 – 43,000 per annum DOE (inclusive of London weighting)
Are you an influential qualified accountant who could act as finance business partner to the British Red Cross Overseas Branches team and support them to build their financial capability?
* We have a very exciting opportunity for an experienced Accountant to provide support on all aspects of financial management including compliance with the British Red Cross and donor finance reporting requirements.
* Extensive travel is required to Anguilla, British Virgin Islands and Turks and Caicos Islands, all of which were severely affected by Hurricane Irma in 2017. Within this region, you will support these Overseas Branches (OSBs) by col laborating with the Country Managers to develop an effective and an efficient financial management structure, processes, controls and systems.
* Reporting to the International Finance Manager, you will enable each branch to budget, plan, spend and report in a timely and accountable manner, building the financial capability of the Overseas Branches so that their finance function can continue to operate independently and sustainably.
* Although travel is currently more restricted due to COVID-19, it is anticipated that this role will require the successful candidate to be able to commit to up to 16 weeks of international travel within per year.
What we are looking for
In addition to you being an experienced CCAB qualified accountant, you will also have foreign currency monitoring and accounting knowledge and strong audit and internal controls skills with the ability to highlight weaknesses and make appropriate recommendations.
* You will be experienced in working with International programme teams, supporting with budget and forecast preparation, risk management and delivery of financial training (particularly to non-finance professionals)
* You will have experience of developing financial systems to support international operations and demonstrable experience of supporting the financial elements of institutional donor programmes and NGO Donor Reporting.
* You will have advanced MS Office and computerised accounts systems skills, excellent analytical and reporting skills, and the ability to assimilate complex financial and written information quickly and accurately.
Meet the team
* The Overseas Branches Finance Manager role sits within the Financial Planning and Reporting directorate.
* In the Finance, Planning, and Resources team, our goal is to properly allocate our funds and resources to maximise the level of aid we can provide to those that need it. We also make sure everything we do is in line with our values and we are a fully compliant and transparent operation.
* We collaborate closely with the International Directorate in relation to disaster management, programmes and partnerships. We are responsible for recording and reporting on all sources of funding, carrying out due diligence on current and new partner organisations, and oversight of financial procedures both in the UK and overseas.
Closing date for applications is 23:59 on Sunday the 10th of January 2021 with interviews to follow shortly after this date (vis Zoom).
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, including:
* 36 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) - pro rata for part time staff
* Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
* Up to 6% contributory pension
* Flexible working policy
* Discounts from a range of online and high street retailers
A little bit more about us
* The British Red Cross help anyone, anywhere in the UK; get the support they need if crisis strikes. From hiring a wheelchair or dealing with loneliness, to adjusting to life in a new country - we're there when you need us.
* Our organisation was born out of a desire to bring help without discrimination. Impartiality and neutrality have been central values for the Red Cross since we started.
* At the British Red Cross, we are looking for the best people to help us provide support to millions of people affected by crisis in the UK. We want our team to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, offering equal opportunities to everyone, regardless of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
* Diversity is something we cel ebrate and we want you to be able to bring your authentic-self to the Red Cross. We want you to feel that you are in an inclusive environment, and a great position to help us spread the power of kindness.
* In the British Red Cross we will not tolerate any form of misconduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. We have a code of conduct in place, and are committed to creating a culture of integrity in the organisation where misconduct is not tolerated, situations of abuse are quickly investigated and perpetrators are dealt with effectively.
* If you are appointed to a role within BRC you will be subject to the organisation’s Code of Conduct, a copy of which you can find on our website.
* The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
* Follow us on Twitter @RedCrossjobsUK and on Linked in - British Red Cross, to hear about our latest job vacancies.
Connecting human kindness with human crisis