Financial Controller - KSA (Arabic)
Palladium , Saudi Arabia
Financial Controller - KSA (Arabic)
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium are currently seeking an Arabic-speaking Financial Controller to join our Finance Department based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the financial accounting operations of the entity by ensuring that all activities and reported financial results comply with generally accepted accounting principles, international financial reporting standards and local legislation.
* Responsible for all financial management of KSA.
* Direct budget and cost controls.
* Financial analysis, accounting practices and financial reporting.
* Management of external audit.
* Maintenance of accounting policies and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk.
* Enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with the relevant financial reporting standards.
* Deploy locally Global Finance and Accounting Group policies.
* Ensure that the company complies with all audits, accounting and reporting requirements as set by regulatory bodies in GCC.
* Preparation of all corporate tax activities.
* Be responsible for local “in-country” corporate filings and provide assistance to operations other compliance requirements such as filing payroll taxes and VAT.
* Forecast, monitor, allocate and report cash resources with the aim of controlling risks and minimise funding costs.
* Oversee bank accounts and accounts payable activities.
* Oversee payroll delivery and ensure accuracy and timeliness of remuneration.
* Liaise with project teams on monthly project performance, including review and analysis of revenue and project income recognised, analysis of unbilled revenue and aged debt.
* Preparation of all financial statements for Palladium KSA companies on a monthly basis.
* The role reports to the Middle East Regional director and EMEA Regional Controller. Reporting requirements include:
* A monthly update on the status of your KPI’s as well as any other important areas of concern.
* Exception reports as and when required.
* A high degree of autonomy with appropriate consultation where applicable.
* The role will be required to manage, analyse and make sound recommendations to the Middle East Regional Director and EMEA Regional Controller.
Minimum education and experience required
* Excellent spoken and written Arabic proficiency
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration
* Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant qualification
* Strong financial management experience
* Experience of working in Saudi Arabia and interfacing with GAZT
Key competencies and professional expertise required
* Ability to resolve complex issues, build solid relationships and deliver outcomes
* Strong analytical, planning and financial management skills coupled with the ability to thrive under pressure and balance several competing projects at once
* Experience of working in a Listed company would be desirable