Gender Specialist - RISE Project (Nationals Only)
Save the Children , Philippines
The Gender Specialist is responsible for supporting the integration of a strong gender equality perspective on the RISE for Children Project. This may include ensuring gender mainstreaming throughout the project’s results based management frameworks, strengthening and supporting gender equality strategies and facilitating gender equality capacity strengthening for field teams via training and/or tool development. The post holder also provides technical support to the RISE project and other projects on gender equality, both remotely and via travel to work with field teams. Additionally, the post-holder will support the Thematic Unit team, with duties including but not limited to supporting the design of new programs as well as representing the country offic e on the development of gender equality tools, research, and trainings
* A post graduate University degree in Social Sciences with academic training in women’s studies, gender and development or a relevant field.
* 3-5 years work experience with an international development organization, with focus on women and girls/gender equality programming.
* Specific knowledge of international development and gender equality issues; experience engaging children on gender issues desirable.
* Knowledge and practical experience of working with a Results Based Management Framework and gender-sensitive monitoring and evaluation systems and tools.
* Experience in developing and delivering successful training and staff capacity development initiatives
* Strong organizational skills to work effectively to support multi-tasking.
* Ability to work as part of a team, both following and supporting others.
* Demonstrated capacity to lead and inspire others.
* Adaptability and flexibility to adjust to changing schedules and priorities.
* Effective critical information gathering to create accurate reports.
* Strong written and oral communication skills, in English.
* Excellent analytical skills, and experience with gender analysis.
* Excellent computer literacy.
* Good familiarity, networking and working relationships with relevant organizations.
* Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and fully complies with Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Guidelines.
Contract length: Fixed Term position until September 2021 based in National Capital Region
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and
rewarding Career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse