Global IM Technical Advisor
iMMAP is an international noNGOvernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
• Support the HQ Operations and Business Development Teams in all technical matters related to the projects follow up and for proposal development purposes.
• Support the technical work of missions in the field when needed.
• Participate in global and local technical working groups and meetings with technical partners.
• Perform additional tasks as needed, contributing to iMMAP global projects.
• Contribute to the development of the strategy at technical level in iMMAP.
• Represent iMMAP at conferences and in meetings at technical level as requested.
• Prepare and deliver presentations on iMMAP operations, tools, services and capabilities as required.
• Share knowledge and offer technical advice to other iMMAP Offices when required
• Adhere to iMMAP branding guidelines for all iMMAP products and correspondence.
• Monitor changes in technology, partner organizations, humanitarian and development sectors.
The iMMAP Global IM Technical Advisor will be line managed by the Planning and Development Director. The iMMAP Global IM Technical Advisor will work in close consultation with the iMMAP Africa Desk Officer, the Business Development and Operations Teams in France and USA and with the Senior Technical Advisor.
• 6 to 8 years of experience in Information Management (IM) and analysis
• Advanced degree in information management, statistics, data science, international relations,
economics or other relevant field
• Expert knowledge of the humanitarian information analysis cycle
• Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills
• Advanced knowledge of the humanitarian architecture and experience in working on multi- sector assessments
• Effective communication skills
• Expert knowledge of analysis tools and methodologies
• Track records of information management products developed for United Nations agencies and/or other International Organizations
• High level of proficiency in English and fluency in French language are required.