Global Programmes Coordinator
Save the Children , Belfast, United Kingdom
Based in any UK office (Belfast, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Glasgow, London or Manchester)
Fixed term contract for 12 months
Do you want to play a key role in an organisation that stands up for children? Then join us as Global Programmes Coordinator. You will provide vital administrative support to two or more Global Programmes Departments, keeping them running smoothly and effectively.
Global Programmes is a division in Save the Children UK responsible for delivering immediate and lasting change for children. We are doing so by providing technical expertise, supporting the design and delivery of high quality programmes and emergency responses as well as building strong partnerships. Global Programmes is made of five departments: Divisional Operations, Humanitarian, Programme Partnerships, Evidence & Learning, and Programme Policy and Quality departments.
As Global Programmes Coordinator you will join a kind and supportive newly formed administrative and operations team and be responsible for developing, coordinating, and updating key administrative, budgetary, planning, recruitment and information systems in support of our divisional objectives. You will also provide support to the Director(s) of the Department, including proactive diary management, meeting organisation and responding to internal and external enquiries. **
Other key responsibilities of the role include:
· Supporting the team to navigate the processes that will support and enable administrative self-sufficiency
· Supporting the processing of invoices and responding to queries from department and finance colleagues as necessary
· Acting as the initial point of contact for internal enquiries and requests for information about the work of the department, to triage or respond to ad hoc queries and to update information on the website, Sharepoint and email lists
· Supporting divisional or departmental HR processes through data collection and database management of mandatory tasks and training, providing SME support to people managers leading recruitment for their teams
· Coordinate induction processes for utilisation by people managers for new staff.
To be successful you will have experience of operating administrative systems and working in a busy office environment. You will take genuine satisfaction from keeping teams, systems and processes in order and ultimately you will recognise and appreciate the value of strong administration. A strong team player, you should also have a high level of computer literacy. In addition, you will have:
· The ability to organize and priortise multiple tasks efficiently and deliver tasks to tight deadlines
· Good relationship-building skills, with the ability to tailor communication methods to different audiences
· The ability to be proactive and show initiative with demonstrable ‘can do’ approach to work
· A commitment to support cross organisational initiatives and team working and an understanding of how to contribute to these
· Be able to work flexibly, managing reactive and proactive work from a range of colleagues.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 28th December 2020