Government Partnerships Senior Specialist
Educate Girls [Bhopal] MP, India
Designation - Government Partnerships Senior Specialist
Employment type- Renewable fixed term contract
Report to- Senior Specialist- Strategic Partnerships & Stat Ops.Lead
Functional reportees -
Employment level- Middle
Established in 2007, Educate Girls (a project of 'Foundation to Educate Girls Globally') is holistically tackling issues at the root cause of gender inequality in India's education system that has helped to ensure over 90% enrolment and higher attendance as well as improved school infrastructure, quality of education and learning outcomes for all girls.
Our comprehensive model helps communities assess their school situation, initiate action plans and empowers them to sustain positive results at the lowest cost. Educate Girls believes that if girls in the most backward gender gap districts are educated now, they will have the potential to enter the formal economy, gain employment and lift their families out of poverty. By leveraging the government's existing investment in schools, Educate Girls delivers measurable results to a large number of beneficiaries and avoids duplication or parallel delivery of services. Because of the sustainability and scalability of the model, Educate Girls has grown from a 500-school pilot project in the Pali district of Rajasthan to now serving thousands of schools, reaching millions of children in some of India's most remote areas. The non-governmental organization has a management and outreach office in Mumbai and operations in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh and is committed to launching interventions in multiple new geographies across India over the coming years.
Over, the next five years, Educate Girls plans to expand to 31 districts across, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. In the process, we plan to enroll 1.6 million out of school girls.
For further details about organization please visit www.educategirls.NGO
Gender Equality- Being able to treat people equally irrespective of gender
Integrity - Possess the ability to “know and do” what is right
Excellence- Being outstanding or extremely good, striving to lead by performance excellence
Collaboration - Working effectively and inclusively with a range of people both within and outside of the organization
Empathy - Being able to understand and share the feelings of another and use that understanding to guide our actions
Strategic Thinking – Think big yet act focused
Taking Ownership – Feel responsible & accountable
Analytical Thinking – Stay true to your data
Developing Talent – Growing and taking people together
Ensuring Alignment – Think differently but work together
Overview of the role:
The Assistant/Deputy Manager will be part of the middle management of the organization and will be responsible for overseeing the vertical operations at the state and district level. Based in Indore s/he will be the face of Educate Girls for all external stake holders at the state level and the district level. S/he implement vertical strategy including aspects such as managing the government’s expectation at the district, block and panchayat level, ensuring permissions at the district level, coordination with the collector to do joint planning and implementation, reporting at the district and state level and attending all the District Task Force/Neeti Aayog meetings. In addition, s/he will also be required to ensure our new or renewal Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) are signed and expansion process in MP can be facilitated. The role also includes component of strategy and capacity building as the manager will be ensuring our advocacy strategy is effectively implemented in the state. S/he will be responsible for the management of the overall quality and efficiency of GR operations both at the state and district level.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Develop a government relationship strategy ensuring consistency with EG’s overall strategic direction.
2. Review the State level data flow regularly in support with the impact team to improve liaison with Government on data alignment.
3. Forge relationships with government officials (District Collector, DPC, ADPC etc) and find new partnerships with communities and influencers in the region.
4. Develop short term action plan, conduct district wise business meetings, orientation programmes etc. Provide regular reports as per defined timelines.
5. Creating awareness about work of Educate Girls in State/ Districts.
6. Influencing decision makers to position Educate Girls as an organization committed to social change and reducing gender gaps
7. Building relationships with key influencers in the Government across primary and secondary stakeholders
8. Ensuring that strong, dynamic, long-term professional relationships are formed and managed successfully with all levels of government, including key district and state government representatives.
9. Supporting the State/district teams of EG in resolving their Government related problems.
Preferred Education Background:
• Postgraduate degree in public administration, humanities, social sciences or social work
Preferred Work Experience
: • Minimum 5 years of experience in the corporate/development sector preferably in the field of liaison with Govt.
• Demonstrated experience in working at a senior level liaising, lobbying and working with government authorities at a State and/or Local level.
Preferred Skill Set
: • Excellent knowledge of computer - Windows and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Willingness to travel at least 25% and up to 50% of the time in specific months at the state/district/village level in program geographies
• Strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills