HP+ Guatemala Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Palladium , Guatemala, Guatemala
HP+ Guatemala Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
* Health and Education Policy Plus (HEP+) is part of a seven-year global initiative jointly executed by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and Palladium Group, subject to funds availability.
* HEP+ creates and promotes conditions for dialogue among civil society, government, and other social stakeholders. Its purpose is to improve access to health, nutrition, water and sanitation and education for all peoples, mainly of indigenous and rural peoples in Guatemala.
* Its main actions are aimed, among other components, at fostering advocacy and policy dialogue processes for health reform. This also includes developing tools and processes to improve governance, financing, decentralization, human resources, information systems, and management and HEP+ needs to hire a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (M&E) to support the Project's M&E Planning Management, to implement and update the M&E plan He/she will coordinate his/her work with the area management for the timely collection of information regarding the achievement of USAID and HEP+ indicators and objectives.
Activities under his/her responsibility
* In coordination with the M&E Planning Management, collect and process the operational and strategic information produced by the Project components.
* Follow-up assigned activities and monitor established indicators for generating quantitative and qualitative information.
* Support internal and external source information management, including the col lection and processing of quantitative and qualitative data that supports Project monitoring.
* Support the input of information into information systems ensuring that the information meets USAID and HEP+ standards.
* Use the information obtained to compile internal or external reports on the status and impact of the Project, including weekly, quarterly, annual reports, press releases, or others.
* Perform all tasks assigned by the M&E Planning Management.
* Support the translation of documents and reports from English to Spanish and from Spanish to English.
* Be available to attend and participate in meetings when required.
* Support the organization of meetings and the drafting of minutes.
* Observe the administrative-financial policies and procedures of FGGO, its parent company, Palladium, and USAID.
* Other tasks assigned by the M&E Planning Management
Profile and qualifications
* University studies/graduate in economics or a field related to planning, monitoring and evaluating social projects.
* Training and verifiable experience of at least 4 years in the preparation of project monitoring and evaluation plans. Experience in USAID projects will be appreciated.
* Four years of experience in the interpretation and analysis of qualitative and quantitative indicators.
* Skills to write complex reports in Spanish and English.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams.
* Bilingual English Spanish (reading and writing proficiency in English and Spanish)
* Excellent human relations.
* The M&E Specialist will report to the M&E Planning ManagerHEP+
Procedure to present quotation:
Enclose CV in the following link:
* Resume in which the Assessment Committee may i dentify every required aspects in the grading item
* Indicate in the presentation of your resume the title ” Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist ”
* Indicate monthly salary expectation in GTQ
* Letter of interest in the post
* Enclose academic records
* Enclose proof of employment
* Deadline to receive CV is : January31,2021
* In case of a problem to apply, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for the evaluation of the files. Example
Item Score Criteria
* Relevant professional experience 0 a 80
* University studies/graduate in economics or a field related to planning, monitoring, and evaluating social projects. (10)
* Four years of experience in a similar position (20).
* Knowledge of the social, economic, and political situation of the country. (10)
* Demonstrated skills in the development of organizational capacity and coordinati on of multidisciplinary work teams (10).
* Experience with PF/RH programs, nutrition, governance, indigenous women, and/or quality improvement or policy development (20).
* Experience in designing and implementing capacity development processes (10).
* Ability to write and speak English and Spanish. 0 a 20
* English Level:
a. Initial level (5)
b. Intermediate level (15)
c. Advanced level (20)
The hiring will be done through an agreement between HEP+ and the employee, with employment benefits with a probationary period of two months. The duration of the agreement will depend on the availability of funding for the Project.
Acceptance of the conditions
Only the most qualified applicants will be contacted. English language knowledge is one of the relevant aspects to be considered for this position.