Human Resources Specialist
UNOPS , Swaziland
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of key responsibilities:
The UNOPS Portfolio Management Team (PMT) is looking for a Human Resources Specialist to effectively provide human resources (HR) administration and management for the SUN Movement Secretariat (SMS) and the SUN Movement Pooled Fund team. The Human Resources Specialist will work closely with the SUN Senior Operations Manager and SUN Chief of Staff, as well as team leads, to provide Human Resources support and strategic advice to SUN management, as well as support the functional review process and lead on the implementation of the final recommendations.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Head of Support Services, the Human Resources Specialist will closely work with the Portfolio Manager and and Senior Operations Officer. He/she will be a key member of the team that provides a range of implementation support services to ensure rapid and compliant delivery of all aspects of the programme. In particular, the HR Specialist will focus on HR support to the SUN Movement Secretariat and Pooled Fund personnel (ICA and TA/FTA), including recruitments, support and guidance on HR policies, entitlements and benefits, performance management systems, leave requests and monitoring, etc.
You may find full list of job responsibilities at
- An advanced degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Marketing, Business Administration or other related field is required.
- Alternatively, a combination of Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience, may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with master’s degree or 7 years’ relevant experience with bachelor’s degree at the national or international level in providing Human Resources support services is required.
- A proven track record of successful Human Resources and project/programme support is required.
- 3 years of previous work experience with the United Nations is required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Fluency in another UN language is desirable.