Islamic Relief , Birmingham, United Kingdom
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 36 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
Islamic Relief Worldwide is currently recruiting for the position of ‘Humanitarian Coordinator’ to join their dynamic International Programmes Division. The post holder will contribute to the delivery of effective and high quality humanitarian assistance to new and oNGOing crises as part of Islamic Relief’s Disaster Risk Management Department. The Humanitarian Coordinator may also be deployed for 3-6 months within a year to provide surge support in aspects such as Humanitarian Response Lead or Programme Manager, depending on the context.
The successful candidate must have or be:
· Educated to degree level in disaster management, general management or comparable social science. Significant related work experience also be considered.
· Multi-country context experience in establishing and / or supporting scale-up of humanitarian programmes
· Experience of developing humanitarian response strategies
· Experience and understanding of cash-based interventions and modalities
· Good knowledge of current humanitarian policy issues and the international humanitarian context.
· Knowledge of key Humanitarian donors engaged in humanitarian response programmes (eg DEC, START, SIDA), and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices.
· Excellent writing and speaking skills in English. Additional languages particularly French are desirable
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful Career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on 15/12/2020. *Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
· screening clearance
· proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
· receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer