CTG, Hajjah, Yemen
OVERVIEW OF CTG
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The post of Humanitarian Officer, is located in Hajjah in Yemen and reports to the Head of Hub, Hodeida
The primary function of the Humanitarian Officer will be to ensure quality implementation of the RH, Women protection and RRM activities in Hajjah. Our client leads the RRM which distributes dignity kits, hygiene kits and ready to eat food rations to populations fleeing fighting within 72 hours of trigger. Our client implements women protection activities in Hajjah, including multi-sectoral services. It also implements RH activities in terms of supporting health facilities. S/he will develop strong, collaborative relationships across the organization and with external partners especially WHO, UNICEF, WFP and partner NGOs; ensure the application of effective monitoring and evaluation principles; identify gaps and challenges in programming and field resources and contribute technical knowledge to ensure effective implementation of our client's programme.
Reports to the Head of Hub, Hodeida
The Humanitarian officer maintains collaborative relationship with Humanitarian specialist/ Head of hub, RH and GBV coordinators in Hodeida and specialists in Sana’a, Humanitarian coordinator, client partners, UN agencies, Government and de-facto authorities, sub cluster leads in Hajjah, client hub and CO colleagues, other humanitarian I/NGOs and community leaders operating in the area of responsibility.
- Bachelor or Diploma qualifications in international relations/humanitarian law, social anthropology or related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable relevant Humanitarian Aid experience and/or minimum years of demonstrable relevant Law experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Middle East (essential).
- Fluency in English and Arabic is essential.
• Contribute to the inclusion of RH, GBV and RRM issues in humanitarian needs assessments and plans at the hub level.
• Coordinate forecasting of adequate amounts of RRM kits for the three leading RRM partners
• Propose interventions in RH and GBV, based on emerging and existing needs, and follow-up on their implementation.
Coordination and Partnership:
• Convene regular meetings at the hub level for RRM distributors to discuss updates, challenges and gaps for the project implementation.
• Attend relevant inter-agency meetings at the Hajjah level where GBV, RH and RRM updates are required
• Establish a close working relationships with government and relevant authorities
• Maintain good relationship with the distributing IPs and community leaders in Hajjah.
• Ensure inclusiveness for the all the target beneficiaries.
• Maintain formal and non-formal resources for the IDPs movement and conduct information triangulation before sharing it.
Monitoring and reporting:
• Contribute to the monitoring of RH and GBV interventions, and distribution of the RRM kits to the end- users in Hajjah.
• Monitor and analyze the field developments based on triggers and other sources to track the IDPs trends for proper planning to delivery emergency response.
• Contribute to periodic reports including SitReps on the status of client interventions.
• Conduct field visits to client-supported sites for spot check.
Any Other Duties
• Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor
Other relevant information:
- Bachelor or Diploma qualifications in international relations/humanitarian law, social anthropology or related fields;
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in humanitarian and relief operations specially in emergency response.
- Experience in emergency response for IDPs is essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of UN humanitarian relief operations and procedures is essential.
- Good knowledge for the assigned geographic scope is essential.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills is required.
Required Values/ Competencies:
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to our client and the UN system
- Embracing cultural diversity
- Embracing change
- Being accountable to achieving results
- Thinking analytically and strategically
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships
- Communicating for impact.
- Providing strategic focus
- Engage internal/external partners
- Leading, developing and empowering people
- Create a culture of performance.
Functional Skill Set:
- Advocacy/Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization
- Strategically positioning Client Programme
Languages: Fluency in Arabic and Good working English is required.