ICT Finance Administrator
UNOPS, Valencia, Spain
This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for or in the United Nations Secretariat. The incumbent of this position will be a staff member of UNOPS under its full responsibility.**
The IT Finance Administrator Officer will carry out his/her tasks within the Service for Geospatial Information and Telecommunications Technologies (SGITT), which provides services to support United Nations Global Service Centre (UNGSC), field mission, UN agencies and partners.
Under the overall supervision of the UNOPS Senior Programme Manager, the incumbent reports to the Chief, APMU (SGITT) and by reference to the United Nations Financial Rules and Regulations, the ICT Finance Administrator will be assigned responsibilities within the ITIL (Infrastructure Technology Information Library) ICT Financial Management process in relation the Service Strategy phase of the ITIL Lifecycle. The ICT Financial Management responsibilities will entail: IT Budgeting, IT Accounting (Activity Based Costing) and IT Accounting. The incumbent, in accordance with the ITIL Framework and in compliance the ISO 20000, will ensure that the ITIL ICT Financial Management process remains fully integrated with the other ITIL processes in order for the overall IT Service Management Framework to operate in the effective and efficient manner in the provision of valued services to the clients.
The role of the ICT Finance Administrator will be to:
- Manage the budget for ICT services on daily, monthly and annual basis in accordance to overall program priorities;
- Gather IT costs and IT OPEX/CAPEX budget data;
- Assist in the development of IT cost models for IT activities and service items;
- Assist in the preparation and in the development of IT Business Cases and Cost Benefit Analysis for IT projects;
- Provide recommendations and corrective actions to balance incomes on cost recovery basis and expenditure in line with the budget;
- Assist with IT audits;
- Analyse and break down IT infrastructures into cost components and categories;
- Report on proposed expenditure items within ICT services provided to all customers;
- Capture all costs related to ICT services;
- Provide regular statement for accounts and reports that support ICT management decisions;
- Conduct ad-hoc performance and IT Financial studies on request from SGITT;
- Assist in the development of IT account plans and investments cases when needed by SGITT;
- Report regularly on budget conformance to SGITT management;
- Provide close support to Service Level, Availability, Capacity and IT Service Continuity management processes during budgeting and IT investment planning;
- Assist in the production of IT financial plans in line with business planning cycles, identifying financial needs early enough to accommodate procurements and approval lead times;
- Participate in Change Control meetings to assess and authorize changes from an IT Financial perspective;
- Conduct periodic internal audits of IT financial performance;
- Assist with external audits of IT financial performance when requested by other corporate organizations;
- Ensure IT charges and billings are accurate and truly reflect the services delivered;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related discipline.
- A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two (2) years qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant (international) finance, budgeting or costing experience in an intergovernmental organization such as the UN is required.
- Knowledge and working experience with UN rules and regulations is desirable.
- Knowledge of the UN Umoja ERP is desirable.
- Ability to lead, build and sustain effective work relationship with subordinates and peers to achieve common goal.
- Understanding of UN programmes, policies, and coordination mechanisms is desirable.
- Ability to effectively manage and work in a multicultural environment.
- Strong analytical and planning skills, ability to build a positive and strong team spirit with staff;
- Excellent knowledge of English (both written and oral).
- Knowledge of another UN language considered to be a benefit.