India Field Data Collector, Measurement, Evaluation and Ethiopia Learning (MEL) Partner: The Rockefe
Summary of Organization:
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. Our mission is to help global development organizations and programs be more effective at improving people’s lives. We provide consulting technical assistance, and training services to public and private aid agencies, non-governmental organizations, and governments. SI works across sectors to reduce poverty, improve health and education, promote peace and democratic governance, foster economic growth, and protect the environment.
Purpose of Proposal:
The Rockefeller Foundation invests in measurement, evaluation, and learning that helps it and its partners to learn and continuously adapt, holds us accountable – particularly to those we seek to serve – for results, and contributes to the global evidence base. The Foundation's 10-year Power and Climate initiative goal are to enable upward economic mobility for 200 million people by accelerating access to and consumption of reliable electricity in underserved, low-income communities. To that end, SI is currently responding to the Foundation's request for proposal that seeks to enable informed, data-driven decision-making, contribute to the global evidence-base for last-mile electrification, and hold the Power and Climate initiative accountable for measurable results on people’s lives by:
- Refining and maintaining dynamic monitoring, evaluation, and learning system for the initiative;
- Designing fit-for-purpose independent evaluations to assess, among other things, the impact and/or influence of particular interventions;
- Collecting timely feedback, especially from customers/end-users; and
- Facilitating learning and knowledge sharing, internally with the initiative team, across the various geographies, and externally with the field.
The India Field Data Collector Consultant will work closely with the MEL Team Lead to prepare for, coordinate, and conduct interviews with key stakeholders across India and will be responsible for transcribing and cleaning completed interviews (verbatim and in standard English). The period of performance is expected to be 14 months beginning in October 2020 for Phase 1 of the project, with the possibility of extending for up to an additional four years for phase 2. At this time, in light of COVID-19 safety concerns, all data collection will be conducted remotely (e.g. via the internet or phone).
**The Position is only open to India Nationals
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in onboarding and data collection training, including piloting to test and tailor data collection tools
- Prepare for, coordinate, and conduct qualitative interviews through remote platforms, including all local logistics for assigned data collection
- Collect and manage data files (interview and focus group transcripts and recordings, observation notes) as per SI policy; transcribe and clean interviews into standard English a timely manner
- Regularly communicate and coordinate with the MEL Team Lead and rest of the MEL team to ensure data collection progresses smoothly. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of experience with data analytics and tech for development.
- Comfort conducting technology-enabled data collection (e.g., mobile polls) and analyses, particularly in developing country contexts.
- Strong writing, interviewing, and data collection skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Hindi or any other major dialect.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to think strategically and integrate diverse information from variedour