Information Management Associate
CTG, Sana, Yemen
Overview of CTG:
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we can act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
The post of IMA, Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) is located in Sanaa - Yemen & reports to the Humanitarian Coordinator, the primary function of the IMA for RRM will provide information management support to the RRM cluster & I/NGOs with regard to data collection, data analysis, databases management, GIS, cartography & spatial analysis.
- Provide capacity building to cluster members in order to facilitate better identification of humanitarian needs & gaps of humanitarian assistance inside Yemen.
- Facilitate mobile data collection, form development & data management.
- Generate statistical reports, graphs, maps & follow up on cluster specific trends.
- Support to new & oNGOing assessments by the cluster.
- Advice cluster members on IM best practices.
- Provide regular reports on progress made, main challenges / constraints faced & recommend corrective actions.
- Perform any other information management duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- This role reports to the Humanitarian Coordinator
- The IMA maintains collaborative relationship with the Operations Team, Humanitarian Analyst, RRM Coordinators, Humanitarian Coordinator, Deputy Representative, Program & Operations Staff.
- Internal contacts include the International Operations Manager, the CO’s Management Team & the CO’s Program / Technical team.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Middle East (essential).
- A University Degree or equivalent in Information Science, Geographical Information Systems, Computer Science or other relevant field.
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience in the field of Information Management is essential.
- Experience in data processing & analysis, creation of reports.
- Experience in the use of software, such as ArcGIS, Adobe Illustrator, PowerBI.
- Excellent command of Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in Arabic & English is required.
- Relevant experience in working with a UN agency or another humanitarian agency is desirable.
- Experience in the area of emergency preparedness, crisis / emergency relief management, humanitarian / development environment, field coordination is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal & general communication skills.
- A strong service orientation.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a multicultural environment.
Required Values / Competencies:
- Exemplifying integrity.
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA & the UN system.
- Embracing cultural diversity.
- Embracing change.
- Being accountable to achieving results.
- Thinking analytically & strategically.
- Working in teams / managing ourselves & our relationships.
- Communicating for impact.
- Providing strategic focus.
- Engage internal / external partners.
- Leading, developing & empowering people.
- Create a culture of performance.
Other relevant information: