International Food Security Analysis (Statistician)
iMMAP , Jordan
iMMAP is an international noNGOvernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
The food security analysis unit - FSAU undertakes regular food security surveys, food price monitoring activities, rapid assessments and mapping services to inform the humanitarian partners with updated food security information including economic and price data. These helps both programmatic decisions and advocacy efforts. To support the entire process from design of data collection to data analysis and reporting, the FSAU in MENA office is recruiting a Food Security Analyst t to support research, analysis and reporting of food security and market studies.
Expected employment duration of 1 year, with possibility of extension depending on performance and funding availability.
Description of Duties
• Provide technical support on development and implementation of quantitative food security studies.
• Provide technical support on food security research including survey study design, including sampling and tool design.
• Provide technical support on descriptive, inferential statistical analysis, as well as econometric analysis methods.
• Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports
• Assist in the development of capacity building material and capacity building events.
• Assist in quality control of products in terms of messaging and ensuring products are focused to their target audience.
• Establish personal credibility with the iMMAP team, and contribute to creating an organizational culture of accountability, responsibility and quality of services.
• Perform other duties as required.
· Maintain effective and positive internal contacts with iMMAP country and regional representatives, external contacts with national and local government officials, international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), donor agency officials, vendors, media and the general public;
· Follow iMMAP's branding regulations required for marketing or branding of all iMMAP products and
· Follow security protocols as laid down by the iMMAP Global Security Advisor Organizational Learning
· As part of the iMMAP commitment to organizational learning, and in support of the understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, it is expected that he/she will commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit iMMAP, as well as individual professional development.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
· iMMAP team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to beneficiaries of iMMAP programs, and to international standards guiding relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of field projects.
Experience: Typically, five years or more of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work
Language: Fluency (level C - Essential) in English language & Fluency (level C - Desired) in Arabic language.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong quantitative skills are required;
- Experience of working with household survey data is required.
- Experience working in a team, involving people of different nationalities and/or cultures.
- Strong skills in survey and longitudinal data analysis and preferably in relation to food security
- Strong statistical analysis and modelling capacity is required
- Experience in analyzing food security indicators (FCS, rCSI, HDDS, etc) is required
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency in a statistical software package is required (Stata, R, SPSS)
- Competencies: Cognitive capacity, Teamwork, Action management, Innovation, Partnering, Client orientation, Advisory skills, Facilitation and training