Mission Manager (Livelihoods), Patna, Bihar / Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Help Age India, Badakhshan, India
Mission Manager (Livelihoods)
Reporting to: National Mission Manager – Livelihood and Functional Reporting to Mission Head - Livelihood
Location: Patna, Bihar / Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- A Post-Graduate degree or equivalent in Social Work, Rural development, agriculture, or related fields a must. Graduates with relevant and higher levels of field experience may be considered.
- Excellent Oral and Written Skills of English with command over MSOFFICE a determining factor
- Significant (5 years or more) experience of working with an NGO/INGO at increasing levels of responsibility with minimum 3 years of direct on field experience of working with collectives in developing and implementing Livelihoods activities.
- Confidence to represent the Mission at various levels of Government administration.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills.
- Logistical planning and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with data collection and analysis.
- Ability to travel and live and work from remote rural locations.
- Demonstrated budget and expense management skills.
The Mission Manager is the connect between the Mission and the field teams. She/he will be responsible for the start-up, oNGOing management, continuing development, and regular supervision of all activities under the Elderly Livelihoods Portfolio implemented by HelpAge India in various Regions and States. As the Functional Manager for the field teams, she/he shall perform the following:
- Ensure work plans and performance metrics are prepared in consultation with the field teams and are tracked per timelines
- Handhold and guide field teams in coordination with the respective State Offices and ensure resolution of hurdles, if any, by senior staff.
- Ensure the field teams are felt valued and supported, by being in touch with every field location on a weekly basis, with 3-4 days on field supportive supervision.
- Identify missing critical requirements for visible program impact in the oNGOing community-led interventions with focus on Utilisation basis identified needs of the beneficiary/ communities and project deliverables.
- Track the Plan Vs. Actual Programmatic and Financial performance and forecast necessary interventions/corrections
- Preparation of accurate and brief Periodic Progress reports in coordination with the field implementation teams
- Design and process locally relevant livelihoods enterprise activities of the elderly and their collectives
- Provide/requisition appropriate capacity-building exercises for project staff including but not limited to technical support, Preparation of training manuals and schedule of cascading trainings for project staff/volunteers/ESHG members.
- Undertake frequent field visits to project sites to ensure that the activities are carried out in accordance to work plan and technical requirements.
- Engage with relevant external stakeholders including SRLMs, Banks, PRIs and SLSAs, independently and in association with other Mission members and State teams, as representative of the mission.
- Assist and Support the National Mission Manager (Livelihoods) and the Mission Head in developing and presenting proposals, data consolidation and analysis and preparation of report.
- Participate in the Operation Rhythm meetings and highlight the hurdles and the achievements of projects.
- Any other, as advised from time to time by the National Mission Manager (Livelihoods) and the Mission Head.
Remuneration will be as per HelpAge India’s overall salary structure. Interested candidates, who meet the positions requirements, are requested to send in their applications along with CV and Pen picture of self (not exceeding 500 words) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org within 15 days.