Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (CST-P3), Damascus, Syria
WFP , Dimashq, Syria
- Plan and implement monitoring activities on efficiency and effectiveness of all food assistance interventions (e.g. beneficiary needs and status, food security status, programme modalities, implementation challenges, etc.).
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation strategy in line with the Corporate Results Framework and indicator compendium.
- Coordinate and analyze monitoring across Whole Syria, including Cross-border operations for WFP and Third-Party Monitors for monthly and quarterly reports.
- Prepare operational Project Monitoring Plan and sampling strategies for WFP monitoring activities in line with the Minimum Monitoring Requirements and requirements of senior management or activity managers.
- Coordinate and implement M&E related Annual Project Report (ACR) Lessons Learnt.
- Review and give technical feedback on monitoring and evaluation plans for new programmes and budget revisions to ensure that plans are risk-based and focus on measuring results (e.g. checking monitoring and evaluation budgets are allocated and appropriate log-frame indicators and outcome targets are documented).
- Analyze outcome data for quarterly and annual reporting and donor reports as required and recommend improvements to programme interventions and to enhance WFPs ability to demonstrate outcome focused results.
- Follow-up on monitoring and evaluation findings to ensure that corrective actions are taken and/or adjustments are made to programme responses as required.
- Provide monitoring and evaluation findings and recommendations to support performance planning and risk analysis, emergency preparedness, security risk management and risk mitigation activities.
- Train national and partner staff in appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques to build capacity of staff, increase awareness on the importance of monitoring and evaluation and encourage accountability for demonstrating results, including SPSS training for WFP staff.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and third-party monitors to strengthen the data quality, accuracy and consistency to build credible performance evidence of gender-responsive monitoring activities across Syria.
- Train and support M&E and other Syria Country Office staff on usage of data visualization tools such as Tableau and support them in creating operational dashboards.
- Supervise development and enhancement of Syria Monitoring Database (SMD - WFP inhouse MYSQL database).
- Design dataflows pathways from different data collections platforms through SMD to Data visualization tools.
- Supervise updating of corporate databases including output and outcome indicators in COMET.
- Ensure the COMET/SMD 5W Roles and Responsibilities are fulfilled as per the SOP. Enhance and develop SOP further where necessary.
- Ensure COMET/SMD 5W data entry is up to date and data is reconciled.
- Supervise the coordination and implementation of the re-targeting verification across all involved Field Offices
- Develop the guidance and lead the training of key Field Office staff and TPM on the re-targeting verification tool as well as act as WFP re-targeting verification focal point in the CO, liaising with Field Offices on the re-targeting verification exercise
- Support the development of the guidance in terms of sensitization / communication to beneficiaries / partners related to the targeting / registration exercise, and the verification process.
- Lead the development of data collection exercises during the enrolment of beneficiaries after the new beneficiaries’ lists are issued.
- In coordination with the Evaluation Officer and appointed Evaluation Managers support Evaluations as necessary
- Ensure future evaluation needs are taken into account when preparing data-collection tools and methodologies incl. sampling
- Support oNGOing evaluations with data-analysis, revision of questionnaires and suggestions for additional information sources
- Lead the preparation of FLAs for the M&E related sections or sections relevant to monitoring planning e.g. Food Distribution Point mapping
- Contribute to CP evaluations by sharing evidence collected through regular M&E data collection exercises and by following up on M&E related agreements in FLAs
- Act as OIC when necessary
- Other duties as required