National Inter-Agency Gender Based Violence, Information Management System (GBVIMS) Information Mana
iMMAP , Borno, Nigeria
iMMAP is an international noNGOvernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
The GBVIMS is a multi-faceted initiative that enables humanitarian actors responding to incidents of GBV to effectively and safely collect, store, analyse and share data reported by GBV survivors. It supports harmonization of data collection by GBV service providers in humanitarian settings. It enables the safe and ethical sharing of reported GBV incident data. The United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA) is the sub-sector lead agency for GBV and is responsible for the in-country coordination of the GBVIMS. Its implementation effectively took off with monthly reporting of data from Data Gathering Organizations (DGOs) in April 2016 and rolled out in May 2015. As the scope of GBVIMS expands, so do the information management needs for effective coordination. As such, the National IMO will support the scale up on the GBVIMS across the emergency states and specific LGAs and ensure long term sustainability of the GBVIMS.
Purpose of the Position
The purpose of the GBVIMS IMO is to support the GBVIMS IAC by providing technical assistance on GBVIMS data collection, processing, analysis, and reporting. He/she will support the GBVIMS IAC in capacity enhancement of data gathering organizations. He/she will support the GBVIMS IAC in the collation of GBVIMS data from DGOs at various administrative levels for regular (monthly, quarterly, and annual) trend analysis for dissemination among DGOs and pre-approved external actors as per the Information Sharing Protocol of the GBVIMS operations in Nigeria.
Under the direct supervision of the GBVIMS IAC and the overall supervision of the GBV Sub-Sector Coordinator, the GBVIMS IMO will assume a neutral role and provide impartial support to GBVIMS organizations through data collection, its vetting, database management, data analysis, GIS mapping, visualization and reporting. The role includes training of staff and provision of support toward the successful implementation of the GBVIMS. The role also requires that that information management products are timely delivered and of highest quality.
Key Tasks & Outputs
The main tasks include, but will not be limited to the following;
- Support organizations and agencies to use the GBVIMS appropriately and effectively through assessment, technical support, training and data quality assurance;
- Identify capacity building needs in all aspects of GBVIMS and liaise with the GBV Sub-Sector and GBVIMS Technical Team to respond to the needs;
- Conduct revisions and provide context specific inputs to documentation and training materials produced in support of the GBVIMS;
- Explore, as necessary the appropriate possibilities for scaling up collaboration between theDGO and GBVIMS partners for improved coverage.
Data Processing and Analysis
- Consolidate monthly reports from DGOs to ensure timely analysis;
- Conduct data quality checks and liaise with DGOs as appropriate;
- Consolidate and prepare National Monthly Reports
- Draft the appropriate accompanying analytical narratives for clearance;
- Support the GBVIMS Operational and NTWGs2 with quarterly data analysis;
- Manage and respond to requests for GBVIMS information from external parties;
- Utilize GBVIMS data to produce information bulletins for programming and advocacy;o Lead appropriate processes for revision of the Information Sharing Protocol (ISP);
- Proactively monitor and respond to breaches of the ISP by signatory.
Support to Advocacy
- Produce regular, up-to-date info-graphics for dissemination during donor and partners’ meetings to facilitate understanding of trends in GBV incidences;
- Participate in the development of Situational Reports;
- Support with the preparation of presentations at coordination and stakeholder platforms (with donors, government and other actors) on the humanitarian response in Nigeria.
- At least 3 years’ experience in GBV-related activities;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required;
- Drafting, analytical and writing skills, ability to communicate with range of stakeholders;
- Essential GIS mapping, experience with Microsoft packages and graphical software
- Previous experience with information management system is an advantage
- ability to understand and adapt to complex and dynamic situations;
- Outstanding interpersonal and motivational skills;
- Ability to work under press