Night & Weekend Facility Maintenance Assistant
CTG Global , Mudug, Somalia
Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Our client is seeking an experienced Night & Weekend Facility Maintenance Assistant (hereby referred to as the "consultant")in the female transition centre in Baidoa. The position will work within the FGS's national program for the treatment & handling of disengaged combatants & will manage / oversee night & weekend activities of Baidoa female rehabilitation centre on a full time basis. The consultant will ensure that residential beneficiaries & their children receive appropriate support during nights & weekends when the Centre Manager & other staff are not present at the centre.
In collaboration with Center Manager, the consultant will be responsible for ensuring that the rehabilitation center is maintained & operating accordingly & ensure that records are maintained correctly. The consultant will work full time, as per Somali labour laws, performing the below duties & responsibilities:
- Monitor the safety & well being of residential female beneficiaries & their children during nights / weekends & ensuring the beneficiaries are engaged positively with daily routine / activities.
- In coordination with the Center Manager, direct, coordinate & supervise all the facility maintenance needs of the rehabilitation center.
- Develop a cleaning ‘checklist’ each day & share with cleaning company.
- If repairs are required, coordinate with the Center Manager & ensure the necessary support is requested from operational staff in Mogadishu.
- Ensure that hygiene / cleaning items are in stock & are used for their intended purpose.
- Support the Center Manager in overseeing the inventory of the rehabilitation center storage space, ensuring that the space is clean & that supplies are in stock.
- Report incidents that may arise on nights / weekends to appropriate authorities (DRP focal point, Center Manager, security) & take measures to address issues that arise.
- Ensure that all the electronics, lights, water etc. are switched off during the night.
- Ensures the safety of beneficiaries during nights & weekends is not compromised by working closely with the security company.
- Carry out any additional responsibilities appropriate to the position.
- This position will be under the oversight of the Female Centre Manager & will also work with other relevant technical leads in our clients DDRR. Overall contract performance management is jointly monitored & evaluated by our client & their govt. partner.
- This role does not have team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years’ experience in operations & facility maintenance management.
- Experience in building management systems highly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Somali is required & working knowledge of English is required.
- Experience working with vulnerable women & children.
- Previous work experience in 1 or more of the following thematic areas a distinct advantage: DDR, PVE & CVE.
- Practical understanding of effective operations & facility maintenance management.
- Theoretical understanding of effective building management & safety of personnel management.
- Computer literate in MS office applications, Word, Excel, Outlook & database applications.
- Previous experience working with youth at risk & / or defectors is considerable advantage.
- Ability to assess the needs of experience working with vulnerable women & children.
- Must be literate & able to read instructions on medications if necessary.
- Must be able to troubleshoot any unexpected challenges in coordination with Center Manager.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral & written communications skills, with keen attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills & effective communication.
- Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
- Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
- Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example & demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision, assists others to realize & develop their potential.
- Creates an atmosphere of trust & an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best & develop their potential.
- Works strategically to realize the organization’s goals & communicates a clear strategic direction.
Other relevant information:
- Applicants must have a passport or a national picture ID.
- This position requires a female candidate.