Project Manager - Global iMMAP COVID Response
iMMAP , Moselle, France
iMMAP is an international not-for-profit organization that provides information management, coordination and analysis services to humanitarian and development organizations, enabling partners to make informed decisions that ultimately provide high-quality targeted assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations.
We support actors to solve operational and strategic challenges. Our pioneering approach facilitates informed and effective emergency preparedness, humanitarian response, and development aid activities by enabling evidence-based decision-making for UN agencies, humanitarian cluster/sector leads, NGOs, and government operations.
An outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a new coronavirus started in China in December 2019 and has now been detected in most countries. The virus is named Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and the disease associated with it is named COVID-19. The epidemic was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 and characterized by the WHO Director General as a pandemic on 11 March 2020.
As more governmental measures are adopted to reduce pressure on health services and public health risks, the impact of the pandemic is being felt by all humanitarian organisations whose staff is mostly confined at home. Non-essential field movements have all been cancelled. Needs assessments are being cancelled and regular monitoring systems interrupted. For the months to come, access to structured information in humanitarian contexts will become the exception, and most decisions will be made on the basis of remote techniques, secondary data, social media, expert judgement or journalism. The impact of movement limitations will be felt at each step of the assessment and analysis cycle.
This project will support a global project involving 10 countries. This position will support the global response and provide coordination between all the countries and the analysis teams. Coordination with the DEEP (thedeep.io) team and Global Analysis Cell. Oversee the analysis into concise monthly situation situation reports per country.
Description of Duties
- Project Management
- Develop programming through the writing of project concept papers, proposal and budget for iMMAP using best practices in coordination with appropriate program units.
- Oversee the overall design of the program ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget. Where necessary ensure preventative and corrective action is taken.
- Develop an implementation strategy that is appropriate to the country context and strategy.
- Plan the mobilization of resources for the implementation of program activities.
- Manage a comprehensive activity plan, including resource needs analysis, covering the time frame.
- Proactively inform iMMAP Head of Office of identified opportunities, risks and risk mitigation relevant to the program planning and implementation.
- Maintain an overview of the national and regional context with a view to the strategic development of the project both in the current identified sites and potential of future program extension and expansion.
- Support program implementation as needed, including: developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, field visits to verify data, reporting and close-out.
Coordination of the country focal points, global analysts, the DEEP project team and the Global COVID analysis cell
Plan and construct the program budget
Ensure that budgets are spent according to donor proposals and regulations.
Monitor the spending of designated program funds in the pre-operational phase of the program.
Ensure all identification, selection and contracting related issues for the staff of the designated project are carried out in accordance with iMMAP guidelines.
Ensure that staff receives appropriate and adequate training by providing coaching.
Through a consultative leadership style and a transparent and supportive communication structure, develop and build an effective iMMAP project team.
Assess and review the security status of identified areas of operation.
Ensure security plans and protocols for the areas of operation are updated and implemented.
Ensure designated projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements.
Regularly assess and provide feedback and recommendations on the quality of the programs.
Build relationships on behalf of iMMAP with bilateral donors, international non-governmental organizations, implementation partners and other agencies relevant to the implementation of the program.
Represent iMMAP in relevant consultations and meetings.
Ensure complete and timely reporting of activities to iMMAP, donor, and implementation partners.
- Assist iMMAP Head of Office with forwarding strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the Head of Office.
- Bachelors or master's degree in international development studies or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in programme management required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of work experience in similar management and/or advisor functions in international humanitarian or development aid.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing programme start-up under limited time constraints as well as plan programme close-out.
- Knowledge of programme development skills such as quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of national and regional dynamics of migration and actors, and an understanding of the functioning and policy-making dynamics of these actors;
- Proven and well-developed influencing and relationship-building skills in dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Grant management experience with knowledge of the grant submission processes of major humanitarian and development donors such but not limited to the EU, USAID, OFDA.
- Experience in data collection, secondary data analysis and situational reporting.
- Knowledge of the DEEP platform is an asset
- Experience in working in remote data collection contexts
- Knowledge if the humanitarian cluster system and the HNO and HRP processes
- Knowledge of multi-sector assessments and assessment frameworks
- Soft skills
- Strong analytical skills, and apt at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas.
- Technical writing skills including developing proposals and reports.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude.
- Ability to select, develop and lead teams.
Ability to work based on objectives.
Fluent in written and oral in English and ideally in French
Knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Office.and Google Suites.
Knowledge and experience working with Kobo Toolbox and the DEEP platform is an advantage.