Sightsavers, Flintshire, United Kingdom
Our vision is of a world where no one is needlessly blind and where people who are blind and those with other disabilities enjoy the same rights as people without disabilities. Each year, we improve the lives of millions of people in the poorest parts of the world. Sightsavers is growing rapidly and offers a great place to work.
Project Delivery Officer, Integrated Work Planning and Reporting
Location: Haywards Heath, West Sussex, UK (flexible locations and working arrangements within the UK will be considered)
Salary: c£29,000 - £32,000 dependent on experience
Contract: Fixed Term Contract until March 2022
Sightsavers are seeking an organised, focused Project Officer (Project Delivery Officer, Integrated Work Planning and Reporting) to join the Programme Optimisation Unit (POU) within the wider Ascend multi-partner programme. The Project Delivery Officer will work closely with the POU Team Lead to provide direct programme support to country teams. This would be an excellent next step for an individual who already has programme support experience working within a multiple country project and a background in international development.
About the project
Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (Ascend) is a multi-partner programme that makes significant contributions to the control and elimination of five Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) i.e. onchocerciasis, lymphatic filariasis, trachoma, schistosomiasis and soil transmitted helminths across 13 West African countries.
Sightsavers is the lead supplier for Ascend West & Central Africa and carries overall responsible for accomplishing the Ascend deliverables in line with contractual agreements set within the consortium structure. We are in year two of a three-year integrated programme of work
About the role
The Project Delivery Officer will provide vital support to the team, ensuring planning and internal reporting of integrated NTD activities together with the designated country principal organisation and relevant Government Departments in all countries that are part of the Ascend West & Central Africa programme. It is responsible for:
· Providing direct programme support to country teams on the roll out of integrated NTD planning and internal reporting including the use of all Ascend management and programme implementation tools and protocols
· Coordinating internal progress reporting
· Supporting contract management and engagement
· Providing content for the communications, knowledge innovation and learning teams
· Day to day management of integrated planning systems and tools and internal reporting aspects of the programme
· Delivering timely, evidence based internal reports
· Problem solving
· Providing quick responses to emerging planning and internal reporting challenges
The position will be based in the UK with national and international travel, up to 12 weeks per year. This is a really involved role, please read the job description for further details.
We are looking for a proactive and responsive individual who already has programme/ project experience within international development. You will have:
· a degree in international development or related subject (ideally public health or international development) or equivalent experience
· strong written and spoken English and French
· experience working and supporting staff in different contexts (face to face, online)
· an understanding of international development issues and a commitment to equality of opportunity for disabled people
· an understanding of cultural and ethnically sensitive issues.
· a demonstrated ability to think quickly, responsively and effectively to communicate information, practices, concepts and ideas to a non-technical audience
· excellent organisational skills with the ability to identify important issues and communicate these effectively to colleagues
· the ability to work with multiple stakeholders in a global team
· the ability to manage multiple tasks and work with multiple teams simultaneously
· strong Microsoft Office skills
· the ability to prioritise work in a fast paced, changing environment
In addition to having offices an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London, we offer some fantastic benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous annual leave allowance, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply
Please submit your application via our recruitment portal by following the links.
Interviews are expected to take place in early January 2021