RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST under the INTRODUCING NEW TOOLS PROJECT (iNTP) – URGENT HIRING
FHI 360, Philippines
FHI360 Philippines (www.fhi360.org) is looking for candidates to qualify for iNTP Radiologic Technologist position (6 positions) to join the USAID-funded “TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening” project in the Philippines under a Fixed Term Contract from September to December 31, 2021 subject to extension after successful evaluation of performance. With Project Office in Makati City, please refer to area of assignment below:
Area of Assignment:
iNTP Demonstration Sites: Valenzuela City, Tarlac Province, Cebu Province (2 posts) and South Cotabato (2 posts)
The “TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening” (IHSS) project is a 5-year USAID funded activity that aims to strengthen national and regional level implementation of the National TB Strategic Plan by providing state-of-the-art capacity building and technical expertise to scale-up TB and DR-TB prevention, detection and treatment. Meanwhile, the iNTP (Introducing New Tools Project)- a joint initiative of STOP-TB and USAID, will be implemented in the Philippines through TBIHSS to programmatically embed innovative tools throughout the cascade of care (i.e., screening, diagnosis, treatment and prevention). Aligned with country’s strategic plan to End-TB, this activity will implement proven approaches to improve TB prevention, increase TB case detection rates, decrease default rates, and increase TB treatment success rates and TB cure rates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the iNTP Area Coordinator, the Radiologic Technologist is tasked/expected to provide the following deliverables below:
· Operates ultraportable X-ray machine and encode necessary data in the computer aided diagnosis (CAD) software during TB case finding activities
· Troubleshoots Xray and CAD technical glitches and coordinates with the product support team and iNTP Area Coordinator for necessary action as necessary
· Prepares related X-ray images, results, and reports for interpretation analysis of TB Facility physicians who will clinically manage the patient
· Works in close coordination with the Provincial/ Municipal/ City Health Officer in planning and facilitating TB case finding activities.
· In close coordination with the iNTP Area Coordinator, conducts TB-related advocacy meetings with implementing partners in assigned LGU.
· Participates in existing outreach programs conducted by assigned LGU.
· Performs routine preventive maintenance and troubleshooting malfunctions based on manufacturer’s instructions on the UP-CXR equipment.
· Maintains a safe and clean working environment by adhering to biosafety and infection prevention control procedures.
· Requests for replenishment of supplies and consumables.
· Verifies receipt of supplies and consumables.
· Maintain and conduct regular inventory of supplies e.g., PPEs and disinfecting solutions.
· Maintains accurate recording and reporting system to ensure data quality.
· Prepares and submits periodically required reports to iNTP Technical Officer/ Area Coordinator.
· Submits pertinent documents as required by Admin and Finance Units
· Performs other field implementation-related activities that involves proper communication and coordination with different implementing partners as needed
· Performs other ad hoc duties necessary in iNTP implementation.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Radiologic Technology
· A registered Radiologic Technologist
· With strong knowledge and experience on infection control measures and biosafety and other health-related safety measures
· Timely delivery of performance targets and with good attention to details regarding the jobs at hand
· Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly, Word and Excel
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and work with others effectively
· Good interpersonal and communication skills