Regional Procurement Lead
Save the Children , Nairobi, Kenya
Regional Procurement Lead
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Role Purpose: The Regional Procurement Lead will have technical responsibility for the procurement element in the region, the management of Regional Procurement Unit (RPU), strategic sourcing and all procurement transformation/capacity building initiatives for ESA. The incumbent will also be responsible for supporting the development and owning the country execution of global and regional sourcing strategies and ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of the Regional Procurement Unit in processing international procurement transactions for country offices in the ESA region
Contract Duration: 24 months
Location: Nairobi; Kenya
- A Degree in in related area, Master level degree will be an advantage.
- CIPS or equivalent professional certification.
- 5 years in a procurement managerial position
- Experience in the INGO sector and in handling Cash Transfer Procurement, pharmaceutical procurement and construction contracting will be an added advantage.
- International procurement experience is desirable, preferably having extensive knowledge of the East and Southern Africa market. Previous experience as a regional procurement at management level is a strong advantage.
- Experience in running complex and high-volume procurement processes and in high volume contracts negotiation (>USD 1 million) with financial benefit delivery
- Experience in Medical Supply Chain competencies will be an added advantage
- Experience in development and implementation of efficient procurement systems, policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other languages i.e. French, Portuguese will be an added advantage
- Excellent ability with MS-Office applications particularly Excel
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at ;
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.