Learning Links Foundation, Assam, India
Project – Teacher Empowerment Program
Role – Resource Person
Number of Positions – 1
Location of posting – Dibrugarh District (Joypur Block)
About the Organization
Learning Links Foundation (LLF), a Not-for-Profit Organization, works in the field of formal and non-
formal education, to improving learning levels, promoting Innovation, fostering 21st century skills
and enabling systemic changes in the ecosystem. The Foundation works with partners from the
private, public, and not-for-profit sectors to identify opportunities, address challenges, and
transform the education landscape. Established in 2002, with a mission to empower lives, the
Foundation has been working across India and has built a reputation as one of the largest and the
most respected education service providers in India. For more details on the organization log on to
www.learnignlinksindia.org or visit our Facebook Page www.facebook.com/LearningLinksIndia/
About the Project
The Teacher Empowerment Program (TEP) was launched in 2022 with the goal of improving student
learning levels in 110 intervention schools in the Dibrugarh district. The programme aimed to
improve students' numeracy and English literacy skills by improving teacher pedagogy and subject
competency in English and Mathematics. LLF Resource Persons provided on-the-ground mentoring
and regular school visits to teachers throughout the school year. The programme will have an impact
on 220 teachers and 15000 students in grades 1-5. It is hoped that strong professional development,
supported by onsite mentoring and support, will lead to overall development in teachers, eventually
leading to an increase in student learning.
To ensure the sustainability of the Teacher Empowerment program and transfer the ownership to
the Govt. it is ideal to build the academic leadership capacity of the teachers and empower them to
ensure the academic improvement of students in achieving the learning outcomes.
The Resource Person will report to Program Manager (stationed at project Office in Dibrugarh,
Resource Person - Responsibilities
• Observing lessons and identifying teachers’ strengths and weaknesses.
• Providing feedback, advice, and individual training sessions for teachers.
• Organizing workshops, training sessions, and events where teachers shares best practises.
• Collaborating with teachers and other staff to develop improved curricula, lesson plans,
assess-ments, and classroom management techniques.
• Setting weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly goals for teachers as well as students, and
provid-ing advice and guidance to ensure these goals are met.
• Returning to classrooms to reassess progress once teachers have completed their training.
• Supervising classroom activities, taking notes, and writing up reports to share with school
ad-ministrators and relevant stakeholders.
• Developing new strategies and plans for an improved learning experience.
• Keeping abreast of developments in teaching as well as your relevant subject area.
• Building teacher networks and encouraging teachers to share their resources and
• Overall responsibility for the program delivery and outcomes
• Coordinate and engage and relationship building school leaders and School teachers for
• Understand the program’s design, deliverables and project implementation plan
• Ensure that the program progresses in accordance with the implementation plan submitted
to the donor
• Track and record project quality improvement as agreed upon; report same in agreed
• Graduate/ Post graduate degree. B.Ed/M.Ed is desirable. Only relevant experience will be
• This position will require a dynamic, and flexible personality who can work in a fast-changing
Past professional experience
• 2-3 years’ experience in handing educational projects, past teaching experience desirable
• Teacher Training experience, preferably in the social/NGO sector
• Ability to build and maintain relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• A passion for social development and willingness to travel
• School and Stakeholder management
• High standards of ethics
• Understanding of operating in a process driven environment
• Good understanding of pedagogical dynamics in a classroom and ability to map diverse
educational requirements to create sound implementation framework
• Good spoken and written communication in English and Assamese
• Data collection, analysis, reporting and report writing – requires good ICT skills and
familiarity with ICT data handling tools
• Based on Competency & Industry Standards
Write to us at Hiringllf@learninglinksindia.org & firstname.lastname@example.org