Software Engineer - Python/Django
Mentor To Go, Karnataka, India
Mentor To Go is an android and web based platform to help students improve their work readiness through self-learning sessions, personalised mentorship provided by mentor professionals from a range of Careers, and work experience opportunities.
The technology platform implements functionalities such as: screening surveys of mentors and mentees, training content for mentors, matching through an algorithm, and mentorship through the delivery of structured activities.
The application technology architecture comprises of the following:
1. a Python DjaNGO web application with NGinx and Gunicorn
2. PostgreSQL database
3. A React Android and Web app
4. Rest APIs which interact between the Android app and the DjaNGO webserver
Our vision at Mentor To Go is to provide Career mentorship to young people anywhere, anytime across the length and breadth of India.
We are looking for a backend software developer who is passionate about using web technologies to solve social problems and creating experiences that are elegant and effective.
- You will own the back end development of features of the Mentor To Go platform from conceptualisation through design and testing, working closely with other developers, the technical project manager, and the program operations team.
- You are user-centric, continuously demonstrate strategic & analytical abilities, and are laser focused on executing at speed.
- You must have the ability to succeed in a fast paced environment, where success is dependent on your ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members in a positive, productive, and transparent way.
Minimum requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in engineering preferably CS or related discipline
- 3+ years experience working in Unix/Linux environments building web and mobile applications
- Proficiency in developing and deploying cloud based Python/Postgresql applications preferably using frameworks such as DjaNGO
- Experience with design and development of moderately complex software projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with version control software such as Git
Desired requirements :
- 5+ years of overall relevant work experience
- Experience building apps using React/React-Native
- Basic understanding of AWS cloud
- Ability to participate in technical discussions and help make technical trade-offs
About Mentor Together
Mentor Together is India's first and largest youth mentoring non-profit organization with a mission to facilitate empowering mentoring relationships and networks that help young people break the inequalities of opportunity and actualise their potential.
Mentor To Go is the world's first mobile mentoring platform created by Mentor Together with the support of Cisco India, LinkedIn Social Impact, British Telecom and Sterlite Technologies.