Tender for research on prospects of returnee/deportee Ethiopian migrants from Saudi Arabia and Gulf
Invitation to tender.
NRC Ethiopia is seeking to engage international consultant to sign a contract to provide research on prospects of returnee/deportee Ethiopian migrants from Saudi Arabia and Gulf countries.
ITB reference: PTN/2020/026
The Invitation to Bid (ITB) documents will provide all relevant information in detail, requirements, quantities, delivery location, date, time, and place for the submission of the tender. The ITB documents can be obtained either by downloading them below, or bidders can pick up the documents in person from Logistics Department from Monday to Friday 08:30 to 15:00 at the following location:
- Addis Ababa Country Office – 5th Floor, Adika Building, Woreda 03, Bole Sub-city, Addis Ababa
- To gather accurate information to assess the gap between the needs of returned/deported migrants and the response to their needs which will inform NRC in the designing of programmatic response.
- Identify and document specific challenges and vulnerabilities facing returned/deported Ethiopians including gender, age and diversity issues and their access to support and assistance based on their needs, rights and access to reintegration support.
- Identify labor and market skills/capability that returnees possess and potential of integrating them in the livelihood opportunities in the market system.
- To identify education needs of the returnees
- Identify key players and stakeholders such as government, non-government, UN, donors etc. and analyze policies, strategies frameworks etc that guides the response to challenges faced by returnee/deportees in Ethiopia.
- Lessons learned, evidence based programming
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
NRC is looking for a qualified consultant with a strong technical background and skills in migration, protection, education and livelihood. In addition, the consultant must demonstrate expertise in the following areas:
• Proven experience working in the humanitarian sector and conducting research and/or evaluation and significant field experience in supporting migrants and returnees rights in humanitarian response or development contexts.
• Excellent research skills, including quantitative and qualitative research methodology at the field level, and an understanding of ethical research principles.
• Experience in legal research including international and national legal concepts; collating legal data, case information and presenting legal analysis.
• Strong command of written and spoken English.
• Previous experience with NRC is a distinct advantage.
• Previous awareness of the Ethiopia context and surrounding targeted countries is an advantage.
Closing date for submitting the tender is 30 October 2020 at 16:30. All times are local and follow the Gregorian calendar. All bids submitted after that date will be rejected.